Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions are set in place to safeguard the health and wellbeing of the animals in our care and form part of your contract with Skyecroft Kennels and Cattery.
Please read them carefully and if you have any questions please give us a call.
- Only dogs or cats from the same household can be boarded together.
- Where multiple pets are requested to be boarded together in the same unit, the owner must consent and give permission to separate if we feel it necessary to do so.
- Customers are requested to let us know if they are NOT happy for their dogs to have use of the secured paddocks, and agree that if there was any incident or injury to a pet whilst running in the paddock, we will not be liable to pay any veterinary fees.
- Dogs should be brought into kennels on lead.
- Cats must be transported in a secure carrier; no responsibility will be taken until the cat is in their chalet or following removal from their chalet to go home.
- Whilst every care and effort are made to ensure the health and welfare needs are always met in our care, all pets are boarded at their owners’ risk and upon acceptance of our terms & conditions.
- Any pet not collected after 7 days of the agreed collection date without any contact from owners or emergency contacts may result in re homing of the pet.
- Pets must be fit, in sound condition and free from vice.
- Pets with signs of possible infectious disease will be refused entry.
- If your pet should unexpectedly appear unwell or we suspect an illness whilst in our care, management has the right to contact the services of a veterinary surgeon. Clients are fully responsible for any fees incurred. The emergency contact will be informed prior if possible.
- Medication and or treatment can be carried out at the owners request. The owner must leave clear instructions with sufficient medication to cover the stay and any unforeseen situations where collection is delayed.
- Any problems with temperament to be disclosed on booking.
- The owners reserve the right to refuse boarding to any pet
that displays aggression on arrival.
- Plastic beds are provided along with fleecy veterinary bedding and blankets.
- Owners' own bedding or a familiar item to help settling can be brought in.
- Any items are left at own risk.
- Cash on collection, a cheque will be accepted if payment is made at the start of your stay – minimum duration of 7 days.
- All fees payable on collection – No credit is offered.
- A £25 non-refundable deposit is required for all new customers on booking to confirm the kennel and can be paid in person or via bank transfer. The booking will be removed if the deposit has not been received within 7 days.
Worm and Flea Treatment
- Details of any worm or flea treatment given to be disclosed.
- Any findings of parasites (fleas / worms) whilst your pet is boarded will result in treatment being provided under the instruction of our vet and the cost would be required to be paid by the owner.
- Dogs must be vaccinated with routine vaccinations (DHP & Leptospirosis).
- Cats must be vaccinated against 'flu and enteritis.
- Kennel Cough is not compulsory but if given it must be administered
14 clear days before boarding.
- Vaccination certificates to be produced upon arrival.
- The owners reserve the right to refuse boarding if in doubt on any of these points.
- Microchip number to be produced upon arrival.
- An emergency contact person and their contact details must be provided and they must be able to collect your pet if we require them to do so or in an emergency.
- Information collected is stored on a computer system that is password protected and on paper copy held in a locked office.
- Copies of invoices and receipts are kept for accounting purposes.
- Information is kept for 6 years from the date of your last visit and will then be destroyed securely.
- We do not share your information with any 3rd parties unless there is a legal requirement to do so.